Many people believe that drinking bottled water is the healthiest choice, but according to the latest research bottled water may be lower in quality than water from your tap.
There are more important reasons not to waste money on bottled water. Bottled water creates enormous amounts of pollution– not just from the discarded plastic, but from manufacturing and transporting bottled water.
When looking at the facts, drinking bottled water is unsafe for you and for the environment.
Here are 8 bottled water facts that may astound you:
1. “Bottled water can cost anywhere from 240 to 10,000 times more than tap water.”
2. “90% of the cost of bottled water is due to the bottle itself.”
3. “If you were to fill one quarter of a plastic water bottle with oil, you would be looking at roughly the amount used to produce that bottle.”
4. “80% of plastic bottles are not recycled”
5. “Bottling and shipping water is the least energy efficient method ever used to supply water.”
6. In the United States, “Roughly 22% of the water tested contained contaminant levels that exceeded strict state health limits.”
7. Chemicals in the plastic may leach into the water. “One study found that hormone-disrupting phthalates had leached into bottled water that had been stored for 10 weeks.”
8. Bottled water is routinely removed from supermarket shelves because of questions over contamination. Here are a few examples:
- In 1990, Perrier had to withdraw millions of bottles worldwide after traces of benzene were found in the water.
- In 2004, Coca-Cola launched Dasani, which was ‘purified’ tap water taken straight from mains supplies, but weeks later hundreds of thousands of bottles were recalled after fears it might have contained a carcinogenic substance
- Niagara Bottling recalled 14 brands of bottled spring water after an E.coli outbreak just last month June 2015.
Give up bottled water…
to save money, to save your health, and to save the planet. For ultimate purity and better taste, additional filtration methods may be used at a minute fraction of the cost to your health and the environment.
For pure alkaline water on demand, a water ionizer may be hooked-up to your tap. Try H2O Alkalizer’s alkaline water machine.
Learn how H2O Alkalizer works.
For a Healthier Staff and Greener Workplace
Water ionizers have replaced the typical office water cooler to keep a healthy hydrated workforce . They also eliminate the waste associated with bottled water.
Learn about getting and alkaline water machine for a greener office.